Uploading a PDF and other document types enables you to create hyperlinks and refer your users to external documents. This feature can be used throughout all modules in the STG console.
Quick Steps: Go to Tools > Documents > Document Types > Add a Document Type > Listing > Add a Document
Uploading a PDF or other document types:
1. Go to the menu TOOLS select DOCUMENTS / DOCUMENT TYPES.
2. Click ADD. Insert a title for the type of documents you will be sending eg. Email Documents, then SAVE.
3. Go back to the extended side menu and select LISTING. Click ADD and select the document type form the drop down.
4. Enter a TITLE then copy the title name into the DOCUMENT TITLE.
5. Go to the ATTACHMENT field and click BROWSE. Browse your computer for the file to attach the document.
Accepted files are PDF, DOC, XLS.
Note: Files are recommended to be kept under 500KB. The larger the file, the longer your document will take to download. We also recommend ensuring the file you are uploading has no spaces or symbols in the file name as saved to your computer.
6. Click SAVE.
If you wish to insert a hyperlink to your document, please proceed to follow the instructions below.
7. Upon saving your file you will be provided a DOCUMENT URL. Copy this URL to hyperlink your file within a STG module.
8. Go to the text editor in the applicable area of the console. Highlight the text you wish to hyperlink eg 'Click Here', and select the LINK icon.
9. A pop up box will display, insert the DOCUMENT URL into the URL field, and select INSERT.
10. Your text will display in blue and underlined when the hyperlink has been successfully inserted.
Please Note: Inserting a Hyperlink enables you to refer your users to external documents containing further information or diagrams