When offering instalments to your membership base, it is important to remember that this process will need to be managed, as members cards can expire and/or decline for many reasons.
When this does occur, the instalment schedule for that member will be moved into the Rejected listing within the Instalment > Schedule view.
To best manage these rejected payments, you are able to undertake a Payment Reset. Steps on how to do this can be found HERE.
Once the payment reset has taken effect, hopefully there will be a reduction in the rejected payments.
It would then be recommended to send an email to those members who are still in your Rejected listing.
To send an email to these members, follow these steps:
- Set up an Email Template with the wording and relevant merge fields you want to use;
Steps on how to set up an email template can be found HERE.
Using merge fields are also helpful, and can be found HERE. (Please note: use the Email Database Campaigns Merge fields when sending an email through the instalment section of the database)
- Once this has been setup, go to Subscriptions then Instalments. Select Schedule.
- At the top of this view, there is a button labelled Rejected. Click on this button.
- Here you will find an Email button, click the button, select your Template, amend any details if required.
- Then click Send Email. This email will only be sent to those in the rejected listing.
NOTE: This email method can also be used to send to all statuses of instalments (Active, Completed, Rejected and Inactive)