SportsTG would like to notify all clients of a system upgrade that we will be implementing for our Classic platform in the week beginning July 9.
Currently the vast majority of passwords are encrypted in the console and not visible to an administrator. In the Events and Competitions modules, passwords were visible for Team Managers, PIN Managers (Events) and Club and Team log in (Competitions). We are implementing an update where all passwords throughout the OST console will be encrypted across all modules (including membership and events, competitions).
What exactly is changing?
- In Events: Team Managers and PIN Managers passwords will be encrypted and hidden from view. The username is still viewable.
- The merge field for Team Password (both for the Team and the Team Manager) and PIN Manager password will no longer be available. This includes in emails that are sent via the console.
- Passwords will no longer be available to export in Team Management and PIN Management areas
What is the new process?
- If a Team Manager is unsure of their password, they can go to the Team Management section of the event, and click on ‘Forgot Password’ (ie sample.eventdesq.com/team). They will then receive an email to reset the password
- If a PIN Manager is unsure of their password they can go to the PIN Management section of the event, and click on ‘Forgot Password’ (ie sample.eventdesq.com/pin). They will then receive an email to reset the password
- An administrator can update a the passwords by editing the Team/PIN manager record, however the password will be encrypted. The administrator will be required to add the password into a second verification field before the record can be saved and updated
What do I need to do?
There is not a lot that you need to do in the lead up to the release of the upgrade next week – except review the set up of your confirmation emails. If a password merge field is being used, this should be removed and replaced with the ‘User Name & Password’ URL.
This is a significant development within the OST platform, however one that was vital to make.
Should you have any questions regarding this system upgrade please contact your Account Manager or our Support Team.